Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Day the Med Students Cried

That's right. They cried. Because they felt they were in the way.
They were in the way, but we shouldn't have made them feel in the way.

The really interesting part was that I went to another medical office in town and saw a med student in the hallway - and she was CRYING! What is this school putting in the water? Are they flu shots laced with hormones? Wow!

How do I feel about helping train the med students? I love teaching, and have a lot to offer; most of them come in with the idea that they won't learn much, but by the time they leave, I make sure they can tell me something valuable they have learned. Like where to listen for CAROTID bruits, and the difference in Tylenol and Aspirin. Yes, I thought they should know that by third year, but I was wrong. Lord help us. And I mean that sincerely.

No comments:

Post a Comment